Friday, July 13, 2007

Trying to Podcast using Audacity

Some of the things I've learned while recording my voice and playing with Audacity.


  1. Importing Audio is great. Go to Project, import Audio. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to import any music from my iTunes program because Audacity cannot import AAC compressed audio, nor the encrypted M4A format used by Apple for iTunes. I was also unable to import music files from Windows Media player due to patent restrictions, so the only way I was "successful" in this respect was by putting a CD directly into my computer. That was frustrating.
  2. Silencing pieces of my recording was easy, and I needed to do this to get rid of my little blunders in my voice recording.
  3. I also used the "align tracks" function to move my recording around the music that I was trying to import.
  4. Exporting the file as an mp3 wasn't too bad. I had to download a zipped LAME file to do it.

I found the instructions at this website to be really clear: http://altec.colorado.edu/howto/audacity/aud_hlp01.shtml

No comments: