Thursday, July 12, 2007

It's true, Audacity pretty good for a free program

Okay, so it took me a while to actually want to be able to record my own sounds. I procrastinated. Seeing my classmates doing it on the discussion board inspired me to venture through a whole bunch of instructions. I want to learn how to do this properly:

Using Audacity you can:
  • record sound at a varied qualities
  • dub over existing tracks
  • adjust sound level while recording
  • import and export different types of files (really important if you want to listen to a podcast on an iPod or mp3 player).
  • edit sound files

I like the instructions on how to get everything set up before you begin recording on the following website: http://www.jakeludington.com/podcasting/20050222_recording_a_podcast.html

Well, off I go.

No comments: